We are open - safety is our top priority!
Some of our patients come to us wanting whiter teeth because they see movie and television stars with perfect white smiles. Once you see a celebrity’s brilliant white teeth, you expect the same for yourself. Other patient’s want a more natural look; typically the color their teeth were when they were young. Our dentist can help you select a shade that works with your skin tone.
Why Choose Professional Teeth Bleaching?
Having a teeth bleaching dentist whiten your teeth is the only way to get dramatic results quickly and safely. Typical in-office teeth bleaching can lighten your teeth five to seven shades in an hour. If you want a movie star smile with dazzling, bright teeth, you will have to see a dentist. Even if you just want a noticeably whiter smile, not a Hollywood smile, you can only get it from a dentist.
Teeth whitening works best on extrinsic stains, such as those caused by aging, eating or drinking dark-colored foods and beverages, and tobacco use. Deep intrinsic stains, such as those caused by decay, certain antibiotics or an injury, do not respond well to topical bleaching. Fillings, crowns and veneers do not respond to topical bleaching either.
Call us for a consultation with our teeth bleaching dentist. You’ll learn if you can achieve the smile you want with a teeth whitening treatment.
Can I Get a Teeth Whitening Kit from a Dentist for Home Use?
If you come in for an examination, our dentist can determine if you are a good candidate for teeth whitening at home. If so, our dentist will need an impression of your teeth made for a custom whitening tray. You want the tray to fit exactly so the bleaching gel won’t leak onto your gums. Once the tray is ready, our dentist will prepare a special bleaching gel and explain how to whiten your teeth at home. Typically, patients use the tray for an hour a day for two weeks. Give us a call to schedule a consultation and see if teeth bleaching in the privacy of your home is right for you.
How Much Is Professional Teeth Whitening?
We base your teeth bleaching cost on the system used, the extent of the staining, and whether you would like in-office whitening or a take-home kit. If our dentist has to color match existing restorations, this may add to your cost. Call our office to book a consultation with our teeth whitening dentist. He or she can provide you with a quote after examining your teeth. We strive to keep our fees for teeth whitening affordable so as many people as possible can enjoy the benefits of a radiant smile.
How Does Chairside Teeth Whitening Compare to OTC Products?
Teeth whitening products you can buy in a store can lighten your teeth slightly with several weeks of use, but often the result isn’t even noticeable because the bleaching solution is not strong. OTC products do work well if you have light staining, but they are not effective on moderate to heavy staining. Only a dentist can use a professional-grade solution in an office or provide a take-home teeth whitening treatment that offers visible results quickly. If you’ve been disappointed by the promises of OTC whitening products, call us and request a consultation.
What Can I Expect During a Teeth Whitening Treatment?
Although there are different teeth whitening systems your dentist can choose from, you can expect these standard steps:
- An exam and a dental teeth cleaning, which will remove the plaque and tartar that the bleaching agent cannot penetrate.
- We will take a picture of your teeth to document the pretreatment color and to compare with your teeth after the treatment.
- A dental assistant will place a cheek retractor in your mouth to increase your comfort and to give the dentist more workable space.
- We will brush a liquid dam on your gums to protect them from the bleaching agent.
- At this point, we will apply the bleaching agent, which is usually a thick gel. After 15 or 20 minutes, our dentist will wash off the first application and apply another one. Some teeth whitening systems utilize a special light.
- Our dentist will gauge the results and decide if you will need a follow up treatment at home.
- Our dentist will tell you to avoid smoking and consuming foods and beverages that can stain your teeth for at least two hours after your whitening session.
- You’ll be cautioned to avoid tobacco and limit foods and beverages that will stain your teeth in order to make the results last as long as possible. With regular dental cleanings, your teeth will stay bright for years.
If you would like to have bright, white teeth to show off, call us and request a consultation for teeth whitening in Jenkintown.