We are open - safety is our top priority!
Although yellow teeth can make you feel self-conscious, they are not a sign of bad hygiene. It’s not realistic to avoid coffee, tomato sauce, and other popular foods and beverages that cause staining. Once you start feeling self-conscious, you’ll smile less often. Patients often find they smile more often once they have a teeth whitening treatment, which makes them appear friendlier and more approachable. It’s amazing how white, gleaming teeth can change how people see you because you’re smiling more often and exude self-confidence.
Why Should I See a Dentist for Teeth Whitening?
A dentist uses a power bleaching gel that is far stronger than any whitening product you can buy in a store. You can expect brighter, whiter teeth in about one hour. In-office teeth whitening is safe; dentists protect your gums with a rubber dam and supervise the entire process. Dentists also check the type of staining on your teeth; a teeth whitening treatment works well on yellowed teeth stained by tobacco, food or beverages.
Intrinsic staining, which is deep inside the tooth in the dentin, won’t respond to the bleaching agent. If you have a tooth stained from tetracycline, too much fluoride or an injury, our dentist may recommend using a veneer to cover the tooth. Otherwise, the tooth will stand out if the rest of your teeth are whiter. In-office teeth whitening won’t change the color of crowns or veneers either. Call our office to schedule a consultation with our teeth whitening dentist to see if we can give you the whiter, brighter teeth you deserve.
Can I Get a Dentist-Dispensed Teeth Whitening Kit?
We offer our patients the option for teeth whitening at home using a custom-made tray and a specially prepared bleaching gel. The custom tray keeps the bleaching gel off your gums where it could cause irritation since it is stronger than the bleaching gel in OTC products. The tray also prevents saliva from diluting the bleaching agent because it fits you perfectly. If you would prefer to whiten your teeth in the privacy of your home, call our office to schedule a consultation with our teeth bleaching dentist. He or she will take an impression of your teeth to make the custom whitening tray. We offer Opalescence Go – “10 trays”.
How Much Does a Teeth Bleaching Dentist Charge?
The teeth whitening system your dentist uses and how many treatments you will need determines your teeth bleaching cost. Most patients find the cost quite reasonable considering the results. Call us to request a consultation and our dentist will examine your teeth before providing you with a quote.
Can OTC Whitening Lighten My Teeth?
Ordinary teeth whitening products can be expensive. Every few months some new product with a high price tag appears, promising professional results. It does not matter how much you pay, you’ll never see the dramatic results you would see with in-office whitening. Dentists can use a powerful bleaching agent you cannot buy in a store so their marketing claims simply are not true. If you’re looking for immediate, measurable results, contact our office. We will schedule a consultation for you.
What Does Professional Teeth Whitening Involve?
While there are different whitening systems, the basic steps are the same.
- Our dentist starts with an exam to see if you have any decay or receding gums that would cause the bleaching agent to cause you pain. You’ll also have a dental cleaning. The bleaching agent cannot penetrate plaque and tartar.
- A photo is taken of your teeth so you can compare your before and after results. Both your dentist and you will want to gauge the effectiveness of the whitening treatment.
- We put a cheek retractor in your mouth to hold it open and expose more of your teeth.
- We brush a rubber dam on your gums to protect them from the bleaching gel.
- We apply individual coatings of the bleaching gel and then remove them. You may have a special light focused on your teeth during this process depending on the teeth whitening system used.
- You and your dentist will evaluate the results and decide if you will need a follow up at-home treatment.
- Your dentist will tell you not to smoke or consume any staining foods or beverages for two hours after your session.
- After your teeth whitening treatment, which takes between 60 and 90 minutes, our dentist will explain how to maintain your results. If you quit using tobacco, limit your consumption of staining foods and beverages, and have regular dental cleanings, you can expect to keep your white teeth for two or three years.
Zoom® Teeth Whitening
Dental Solutions of Cedarbrook now offers Philips Zoom® Teeth Whitening, the number one patient-requested professional whitening brand. Available only from licensed dentists, The Zoom®® range of products effectively treats various levels of staining.
If you’re ready for an affordable, effective solution for yellow, stained teeth, contact us to learn more about teeth whitening in Cedarbrook. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile you deserve.