COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
People choose teeth whitening for a variety of reasons. Some of our patients see photos of themselves from years ago and realize that their teeth are not as white as they once were. Yellowing happens gradually. Other patients are getting married and want to look good in their wedding photos or they are entering the job market and want a boost of confidence before facing an interview. Whatever your reason, cosmetic teeth whitening can give you the smile you want quickly.
Does Professional Teeth Whitening Work Well?
If you have yellowed teeth from foods or beverages with high pigmentation, age, or smoking, cosmetic teeth whitening can remove the stains that dull your teeth. Intrinsic stains, which are deep inside your tooth, don’t respond to the bleaching agent. Intrinsic stains can come from tetracycline, too much fluoride, deep decay, or an injury.
Our dentist prefers to have a consultation with teeth whitening patients to determine the type of stains on their teeth to make sure they will have the results they expect. Our dentist will also want to see if you have restorations, such as crowns, which won’t lighten with a teeth whitening treatment. He or she can match the color of your restorations if necessary.
When you have an experienced dental professional whiten your teeth, he or she can protect your lips and gums from the powerful bleaching gel. Seeing a dentist for your treatment also ensures you have even, predictable results. Call our office to book a consultation if you would like to learn more about teeth bleaching and your anticipated results.
How Does Teeth Whitening at Home Work?
Take-home whitening kits are an option for patients who prefer to whiten their teeth at home, but want the results that come with in-office whitening treatments. We take an impression of our patient’s teeth to create whitening trays designed to protect their gums and to keep saliva from diluting the peroxide solution. We send patients home with a special whitening gel and instructions. It may take up to two weeks to see the results you desire. Contact our office for an appointment with our teeth bleaching dentist to learn more.
How Much Does Teeth Bleaching Cost?
Factors which influence your teeth whitening cost include the severity of the staining, the whitening system used and whether you have restorations that need color matching. If you call our office and request a consultation, our dentist can tell you your expected cost after examining your teeth. We try to keep our fees affordable so our patients can have the smile they deserve.
Do Teeth Whitening Products from the Drugstore Work?
You can buy a wide range of tooth whitening toothpastes, strips, and other products in drugstores and online. While these products are slightly effective, they can’t duplicate the whitening power that a dentist-provided treatment can because the bleaching agent is much weaker. You can lighten your teeth a shade or two using these products, but that’s about it. If you want noticeably whiter teeth that can be six to ten shades brighter, call our office and request a consultation with our teeth bleaching dentist.
What Are the Steps in the Teeth Bleaching Procedure?
Our dentist will select the best whitening system for your unique needs. Most teeth whitening procedures take about 60 to 90 minutes and proceed with the following steps:
- You start with a consultation with our dentist to go over your expectations. You may also have a teeth cleaning to remove plaque and tartar. Peroxide cannot penetrate plaque and tartar, so having a dental cleaning ensures even results.
- Our dentist photographs your teeth so you can see the difference after the teeth whitening treatment. Your photo is compared to a shade chart when your treatment is over so you can see how many shades brighter your teeth are now.
- One of our team members uses a cheek retractor to expose the teeth that show when you grin.
- A protective gel or dental gum goes over your gums to protect them.
- Our dentist coats your teeth with bleaching gel, lets it sit, and then removes it. He or she may repeat this step several times. Some teeth whitening systems use a special light during this step.
- Our dentist evaluates the results and determines if you need a take-home kit for a follow-up treatment at home.
- Our dentist will explain how you limit tooth sensitivity and how you can keep your teeth white for as long as possible. This may include quitting smoking and reducing your consumption of coffee and other staining foods and beverages. If a food or beverage will stain a tablecloth, it will stain your teeth.
Zoom® Teeth Whitening
Dental Solutions of Bala Cynwyd now offers Philips Zoom® Teeth Whitening, the number one patient-requested professional whitening brand. Available only from licensed dentists, The Zoom® range of products effectively treats various levels of staining.
Your Bala Cynwyd dental professional will help you choose the right product based on the current condition of your teeth and how quickly you want results. Let us help you brighten your smile with the right Philips Zoom® whitening product for your needs.
If you’re ready for a brilliant smile that exudes vitality, contact our office for teeth whitening in Bala Cynwyd.