We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: February 16, 2016
What’s the Worry about Periodontal Disease and Diabetes?
Diabetes not only affects your body, but also impacts your teeth. New research shows that diabetics face a much greater risk of the severe form of gum disease known as periodontal disease. Discover the Dental Concern over Diabetes and Oral Health Scientific studies have found that the link between periodontal disease and diabetes is based on blood sugar level. See, diabetics tend to have trouble managing their blood sugar. And when blood sugar isn’t controlled, this leads to a much greater chance of oral health problems, especially periodontal disease. If you are diabetic, you need to be aware of the dangers with diabetes and teeth to protect yourself from problems. Your Best Dental Defense Now that you realize the risk of periodontal disease and diabetes, you must take your health into your hands and take steps to protect yourself. Start with these healthy suggestions:
- Keep your blood sugar under control to avoid health complications with diabetes and teeth.
- Practice good oral hygiene at home.
- Go to the dentist immediately if you have any dental concerns.
- Get regular dental check-ups and cleanings every six months. If you have a history of diabetes and oral health problems, you may need to go more frequently.
- Postpone any non-emergency dental procedures if your blood sugar level is out of control.
- Always keep your dentist up-to-date on the status of your diabetes.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Philadelphia, call today at or make an appointment. Dental Solutions Creating Smiles offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Philadelphia. With 11 offices in the Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey Region, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .