We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: June 7, 2016
Straight Facts About Braces and Retainers
Would you like better, straighter teeth? Then orthodontics may be exactly what you want. Learn how different orthodontic options can make you happy with your smile. Basic Braces Guidelines Braces can work wonders to straighten out your smile. Braces work by placing continual pressure on teeth to shift them into proper position. If you require orthodontics to correct a dental problem, your dentist will refer you to a specialist called an orthodontist at a family orthodontics practice. In addition to your dentist’s referral, you can also ask friends and family to recommend orthodontists in Philadelphia they trust. After examining you and discussing your needs, the orthodontist will develop the ideal treatment plan to help you straighten your teeth and correct your bite. Treatment is based on your individual orthodontic issues and can range from a removable retainer to a complete set of braces. 5 Kinds of Orthodontics Braces have come a long way and now come in many varieties. Most family orthodontics practices offer a wide range of orthodontic options to suit different dental needs, whether it’s invisible braces for adults and teens, braces for kids, affordable braces, or basic retainers. This ensures that people of all ages can get the best braces for their needs. There are five kinds of braces:
- Metal Braces – Offered by all orthodontists in Philadelphia, these are basically old-fashioned braces with metal brackets and wires attached on the front of the teeth. These are usually used on children and tend to be a more affordable braces option.
- Brackets – These can be constructed of traditional stainless steel, as well as the more aesthetic clear or tooth-colored ceramic or plastic material. Each offers certain advantages and treatment times and may be more suitable for specific problems.
- Mini-Braces – Smaller than traditional metal braces, their tiny size typically makes them the better braces for kids or people with very small teeth.
- Clear Aligners – These are a series of clear aligners that are often chosen by adults and teens for their cosmetic appeal compared to traditional metal braces.
- Lingual-type Brackets – These are brackets that are bonded to the back of teeth, so they are not visible. They are perfect for adults and teens who feel self-conscious about wearing braces and want more discretion.
Since every person has different dental needs, find orthodontists in Philadelphia to see which braces are best for you. To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Philadelphia, call today at or make an appointment. Dental Solutions Creating Smiles offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Philadelphia. With 11 offices in the Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey Region, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .